Like last year, I was Dad’s guest at the annual Wabash College homecoming events in C’ville, though this year was the 100th anniversary of the Homecoming weekend.Continue reading
This may not be fresh material, but it applies today more than ever! Another piece of word jazz from “the voice of Levi’s Jeans”, Ken Nordine – 92 and still going strong.Continue reading
A pencil maker told the pencils 5 important lessons.
- Everything you do will always leave a mark.
- But you can always correct the mistakes you make.
- What is important is what is inside you.
- In life you will undergo painful sharpening which will make you a better pencil.
- To be the best pencil you can be you must allow yourself to be held and guided by a hand that holds you.
Flags have been at half-mast with the passing of astronaut Neil Armstrong this week, which brought back fond memories of the summer of 1969. Looking back, I recall the enormity of the achievement as it marked the victorious end of Kennedy’s space challenge in which he vowed to “put a man on the moon by the end of the decade”. The awesomeness of the feat has faded considerably over the decades since.Continue reading